Pages

3/26/2012

The Times has come in my life.

It is an honorable moment that I have applied to subscribe the New York Times. The New York Times allows us to view free twenty articles until the end of this month. Starting next month, they reduce it to ten articles. It looks like I have reached twentieth articles today.

Everybody may ever think about whether it is worth to pay the fee for online subscription: which one should I read? I have thought about that to pick either The Wall Street Journal or The New York Times. It would have definitely been the Wall Street Journal if I had applied it a year ago since I trusted more in the numbers. It does not mean I lost the reliance to the result of economic activities; it is true that business paper pictures now and current. Somehow, mostly causing my literature work, I see the current has faded into uncharacteristic world with dead people walking.

In the book review section, I found a critique of Harold Bloom today. How exciting it is! I revere him as one of the literary genius. The first surprising was that he is still alive (sorry, I was thinking until today that he was one of the legends like Ezra Pound). He should be over 80 years old now, and he is a Jewish American.

The article will amaze me the rest of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment